Sunday, September 30, 2012

Glittered Copics Technique


Recently I was jumping around on the internet and I went to one of my many favorite sites, Ellen Hutson.com, and became so excited over the technique (pictured here) that Julie Ebersole  (on the Design Team) was creating in The Classroom.  Julie called it Glittered Copics for a lack of a better title.  It could have been called anything, I was ready to learn.  Do yourself a favor and learn how to do this technique.  As you see, I tried three different visuals but it is the actual technique with the Micro Fine Glitter that is stunning and "easy".  The following week, I began to teach the gals in my card classes and each of them managed very nicely.

The Glitter process is a Burnished Velvet Technique and I cannot wait to have fun with this glitter in other ways.  Stay tuned.......

Probably the hardest part of the whole process was waiting for  Randy, my mailman, to bring what I had to order.  The following are "some" of the products which are crucial to doing my visuals of this rewarding card:

Paper:  Memory Box Parsley and Mango;  Hero Arts Sunshine Layering Paper;  Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury 120 lb. Pure White Card Stock

Embellishments:  Elizabeth Craft Peel-Off Stickers (Black leaves from Bowls of Cherries and the Black flowers from Flower Window);  Various ribbons including the check from Gina K. Designs and the green ribbon was a "Thank You" Gift from Ellen Hutson - a special touch of theirs when you order;  the stripe paper is from American Crafts Pumpkin Patch (6 x 6) which I had purchased from Remember This Remember That in Gardner, Ks. (my dear friend, Melissa Rodgers' wonderful store); and  the Glitter is from Glitter Ritz by Jewel and it is a micro-fine opaque product.
                                                                     
Copic Markers used:     YR68,  Y000, YG03,  YG67, YG17


As I said above, do yourself a favor and watch the Video that Julie Ebersole created for The Classroom on Ellen Hutson.com.  It is called "Glittered Copics".


No comments:

Post a Comment