Thursday, October 11, 2012

First Design Team Card

TWO PAPER DIVAS Design Team Card.  Yes, this is Fall and not Spring.  You do not need to look at your calendar.  I wanted to make a simple card using the clear stamps (Floral, Butterfly and Saying) which I received from Remember This Remember That in Gardner, Kansas.  Melissa Rodgers, the owner of the store and co-creator of Two Paper Divas, sent to me a collection of the clear stamps which she now is selling in her store.  I will always title my future postings as a Design Team Card so you will know when I have used some of these darling clear stamps.

I first made a template using the largest Spellbinders Nestabilities Die from the set #S4-290.  Then I placed this over an A2 white card (cut 4-1/4 by 11 and scored at 5-1/2).  Holding it in place with my hand, I sponged (using a jumbo sponge) Stampin' Up Certainly Celery around the edge of the opening of the template.  Without re-inking the sponge, I used a circular motion and continued into the center of the opening.  This template can be used for future template needs and the white die cut which I gained by cutting the template can be saved for a future need as well.

I stamped the floral stems and the saying using Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink. The coloring was accomplished with Copic sketch markers.  My card base was made with Gina K. Designs pure luxury 120 lb. heavy base weight pure white card stock.  By using this product it was one concept of paper which will not bleed through when using the Copic markers.  I used yellow stickles for the centers of all flowers.  The corner punch used is a Martha Stewart punch.  These flowers were backed with a 1" strip of Certainly Celery paper by Stampin' Up.  The butterfly was double layered on the card and lifted with small pop dots and I had embossed the butterfly with "leaf" powder by Zing and "sunny yellow" powder by Stampendous.  The ribbon is a Stampin' Up product and I used the Bow Easy to accomplish the bow.  Cannot live without my Bow Easy.

I will be back with more FALL presentations!!


Back to my Wonderful Website

No comments:

Post a Comment