Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cards from Card Classes during part of the month of June, 2014

Yes, we live in Pagosa Springs, CO. which is truly a place in Paradise.  So many of my gals in my card classes now have the P.S., CO. stamp so they wanted me to produce some cards using the stamp. We were so lucky to have Two Paper Divas design this stamp for us.  You will see another card below using the stamp again.  In the first card, it was so appropriate for me to use the Balloon/Mt. stamp which I have had for a number of years.  We live in this type of beautiful scenery with Mts., the River and the Balloons flying overhead!  In the second example, we are "picture perfect"!!


                         
My "Thinking of You" card was very nicely received by my ladies in class this past Tuesday.  I took an online "Stencil Class" earlier this year and just recently purchased this tiny butterfly stencil by Magenta.  Just way tooooo cheery!!!  I am so in love with Stencils and I have been for years.  I have a drawer full that I used on children's clothing when I use to design on them.  But, I am new to using the Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste and get such a thrill out of the outcome.  Worth the experience if you have not tried it!!  This card will be going to my Mother in a few days.....Shhhh do not tell her!!




Just a card because I wanted to use the Simon Says "Oh Happy Day" die.  The leaf paper is from Gina K Designs and a beautiful 6 x 6 paper pack called "Here Comes The Sun".  Cannot wait to use some more of these papers.





I am so in love with this Woodgrain Embossed card stock which I discovered sometime ago through Ellen Hutson.com.  I never want to run out of it!!  The Happy Birthday is a die by "Dee's Distinctively" and I used glitter paper to use with this die......it is a happy card in person!  I do not know what I am more obsessed with.....wooden embellishments or anything feathers!!  So, I used both on this card......



 This "Sunshine" card inspiration came from online and a Julie Ebersole creation.  When I watched her do this shaker card, I knew that it was on my agenda to do SOON.  This sweet sentiment is the song (one of the two Sunshine songs) that we have sung to our first two Granddaughters at night when we put them to bed.  So, it will be going to #2 Granddaughter for her Birthday this summer. Thanks to you, Julie, for this creation.  It is made and ready to go in the mail in a few weeks.  The precious stamp set is from Mama Elephant......you gotta love their stamps.  And....then there is that "wooden" bird!!!  It had to be red because that is #2's favorite color.  I must say this card was pushing my A.M. ladies but they got it and had a ball making it!!  Now shhhhhh and do not tell #2!!





All I can say about this one is thank goodness for the Simon Says "Partial Cut Flower" die and Distress Inks by Ranger (even in these soft colors).  If you have not purchased the "Partial" Die.....you are missing something delightful for cards these days!!









Some years ago my dear friend, Hope, gave me boxes of stamps because she was done with them.  Her passion for stamping was waning.  From these stamps I picked a few that excited me and then I gave the rest back to her to pass on to someone else lucky to go through them as well.  Thanks HOPE!  So when you slide the real wood veneer band off this cute card.......check out the inside!!  There is our Pagosa Springs, Colorado stamp again.  AND appropriately after seeing that beautiful scene on the front.  Then ladies there are Mts. inside as well and I am so lucky to see the Mts. around us in Pagosa out my huge kitchen window 365 days a year.  Enough said!!



So last but not least a favorite old set of sentiments that I love to pull out from time-to-time and have fun with.  But, this time I decided to use this darling stamp of the lady in her hat and it looks like she is definitely speaking these words.  The "Poof" part is on one of those "Wobbles".  To all who have Birthdays in June, I send this greeting to you.  Both of our children are celebrating their Birthdays today and tomorrow!  Happiness and Hugs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment