Thursday, September 18, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVAS Design Card - Fall is in the Air


Isn't it getting exciting - Fall is coming and the colors are beginning to change just ever so slightly here in Colorado.  This is such a favorite time of the year when you live where the colors are so vibrant when it is time.  This week for my classes, I had to do these adorable Pumpkins from TWO PAPER DIVAS from the set "The Fall is in the Air".

First, I started with a heavy weight (120 lb) Gina K Designs card stock for my base card and the piece I layered with.  It was important to use this heavier weight because of the background design which I stenciled a thin layer of the embossing paste.  I used only a portion of the stencil to get this result that you see.  AND by the way, even though I do have a number of palette knives to layer this paste through the stencil, I used a Popsicle Stick. It works very well for this purpose.  Because of the wetness of the paste, it would have the tendency to warp a much lighter piece of card stock.  Love this technique and so do my students but the drying time is important.  It does take a good hour before continuing with the other features of the card.  I also like it to dry naturally instead of using the heat gun.  It can change the appearance of the embossing paste.  But, while it is drying, it is time to take care of the pumpkins.

I used the Tim Holtz Watercolor paper for these pumpkins because after I stamped the TWO PAPER DIVAS pumpkins using Stazon Black Ink (one of the best inks when watercoloring) I then had fun using my Gelatos to color these cuties.  On my Craft Sheet, I laid down small areas with each of these Gelatos (2 shades of orange; 2 shades of yellow and 2 shades of green-for the stems) and then using a water brush I began to lay on the lightest colors and then followed up with blending the oranges.  Oh, I forgot to say that I used the textured side of the Tim Holtz paper.  I wanted my pumpkins to have a dimpled affect.

While the pumpkins were drying and before I cut them out,  I next spritzed some gold Shimmer Mist on the card letting some areas get a little more spray than others.  I then stamped my greeting and put the first piece of ribbon down but not all the way around the piece of card stock.  I saved ribbon by just putting the ribbon around to the backside of the two edges of the paper and taping it in place.  Next I took two short strips of the two different sizes and tied them (together) around the first piece of ribbon on the card.  Love this ribbon from Gina K Designs.

Like everyone else these days, I love to add sequins to my cards on occasion for some interest after I popped up the two pumpkins.

So there you have it ...... lots of texture and a cutie for our Harvest time which is approaching.  Be sure to check out the stamp selections on TWO PAPER DIVAS website.  Their website has developed into a wonderful site and I think that you might get inspired by all of us Divas.   Thanks for joining me.  I loved sharing this card with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment