Sunday, November 30, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVAS Design Team Card - Frosty Fun!!


When I was thinking about designing with this sweet set of stamps from TWO PAPER DIVAS,  I decided to do a grouping instead of doing a single focus.  As a 10 year old and up until I was 18 (off and on), I loved to go skating.  I would gather my "white" skates and play on a makeshift ice arena which was built outside or once in a while had the luxury of trying to skate on ice indoors.  When I was 11, we lived in Munich, Germany and the school had built an outdoor rink by the athletic building.  I would get to school early and skate in the morning before school started; skip lunch sometimes and skate and if I could I would skate after school.  No lessons but I thought it was fun anyway!!  When we went on vacation to Garmisch, Germany, instead of skiing like the rest of the family did, I headed to the outdoor ice arena and waved at the family as they came down the hill on ski's.  Finally when I was 17, I took figure skating lessons and so enjoyed each and everyone of them.  So this card brings back some terrific memories!!

I love to use the wood veneer pieces of paper that I have in my stash and thought that the sled was calling for it on this card.  So I cut it out and paper pieced it onto the sled which was stamped.  I colored the cap and gloves with my Prismacolor Premier pencils.  I used stroking in both directions on the gloves to hopefully result in a Chenille look (soft).  The pom poms on the skates were "flocked" .... so they are soft to the touch too!!  The glistening on the runners of the sled and the blades of the skates were achieved with Wink of Stella clear glitter pen (love it).  I used a white gel pen (Uni-ball) to go over the outline of the skate to give it a more "used" look.  Happy Winter to all of you.  No SNOW here and it is the weekend after Thanksgiving.  A little unusual!!

Stamps including the Sentiment:  Two Paper Diva's  "Warm Winter Wishes"  Set
Ink:   Momento Tuxedo Black
Wood Veneer:   Mixed Media (101) Ultra Thin Cherry Sheet by Splash of Color
Card Stock:  Base card from Bazzill "Gummy Bear"  (Purchased from Ellen Hutson)
White Card Stock:  Ellen Hutson 110 lb. Solar White
Silver Sparkle Ribbon 1/4" from Gina K Designs  (Great Ribbon - have it in gold as well)  The Ribbon has a woven look in between the edges.  It is giving off a glitter look in the picture but it does not have any glitter.

1 comment:

  1. Darling card Carryn! Love the pom pons and the all that wonderful sparkle! Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete