Thursday, November 20, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVAS Design Team Card ... A Happy Red Bird!


Oh my...... how all of us love these Red Birds.  They bring such JOY to our hearts and it shows, I am sure, on our faces when we see them.  This special Bird Stamp, "Sing Like A Bird" & the Sentiment, "Happy Winter" ("From our House to Yours" stamp set) are from Two Paper Diva's website and both can be duplicated for so many different cards.  Check out my posting on June 1, 2014 on my Blog and you will see a Blue Bird on a different card.  But, now with the Holidays so close on our doorsteps,  I felt it was good time to feature this Christmas Bird.

To color the bird it was such a natural to use my Copics.  The colors ..... awwww gee they are already mixed up in my box of all I own!!  Melissa and Gayla of Two Paper Divas did lovely shading on this bird and the branch.  You just get color near and it is beautiful.  I first stamped the bird and then did an embossing with a small snowflake folder at the top.  I wanted a banding of more snow fall and felt I would get the affect with it and then using the Simon Says stencil, "Falling Snow" (one of my favorites), to create the touches of snow with the Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste and a popsicle stick.  I use the stick instead of one of my palette knives because when I teach my students,  they each can have a stick.  I love how the snow fall happens all over the bird so you need to position the stencil so this will happen that way.  He won't get cold....I promise .....HA!

Like I said above, I used the sentiment from Two Paper Divas.  It is my favorite and I use it on many of my cards through the winter months when I am teaching the weekly classes.  Our winter is long here in
Colorado and it is perfect...... it totally is not just a Christmas sentiment.

The base card is the wood grain card stock that I love from Ellen Hutson, misc. papers and the tiny red and white stripe twine finish out my card.  Very simple and sweet and I hope that you enjoyed it.  Those of you who visit my Blog, I also hope that you will spend time with the Two Paper Divas website and enjoy what a beautiful array of cards are being created by all the Diva Design Team.  BUT, also take a peak at the different wonderful stamps the design creators of TP Divas have for sale.  Thanks to Melissa and Gayla the creators of this fine product.  No, I am not buttering them up....I really care about these two ladies.  This collection is growing rapidly and you need to subscribe if you are not already so you can be on top of the new releases when they happen.  I am so happy to be a part of such creative friends!!  Happy Holidays to ALL!

P. S.  Forgot to say that I added a final touch to the Red Bird card and that was the all important glitter mist!!  It does make the card "in person" really pretty special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment