Wednesday, December 31, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVAS / Happy for a ride in a Balloon / 2015


Grab your ticket and hop in for a fun ride in a Hot Air Balloon.  This is something I admire nearly every day here in Pagosa Springs, Colorado BUT the closest I have ever done this was once when we lived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada back in the '70's!!  I climbed into a balloon which was 'tethered' and only went up so high (not very) above the ground.  That was it for me!!!  I will go for a walk to enjoy watching them up by our house.  Every once in a while, we will hear the "wooooosh" and one is coming down around us.

Base Card Stock:  Solar white
Trim Paper (Outside and Inside):  Fresh Asparagus from Gina K. Designs
Sky Paper:  Here it is again ..... repeating some that I had laying around my work area from the last card
Printed Paper:  From a wonderful Paper Pad - not sure of the name
Basket:  A trimmed piece of Jute Ribbon
Stamps:  The Balloon & the Sentiment from a January 2015 set by TWO PAPER DIVAS
              The Ticket from the TWO PAPER DIVAS SET called "Tickets"
Window Plastic:  From Judikins
Embellishments:  Silver Sequins and Rhinestones to cover the hole in the Sequins

What is hard to see is the fact that the first covering on the card is actually the Window Plastic.  I cut a base card 8.50 x 5.50 and scored it at 4.25.  On one side I trimmed it down leaving 1" from the scored line.  This is the fold over white that you see.  The window plastic is attached to this fold over piece.  The plastic then can be lifted to reveal the Balloon which has been stamped on the sky piece.  I then stamped the balloon onto a small piece of the printed paper and cut it out and instead of paper piecing, I popped it up to give it some interest.  I could have colored in the basket but I remembered that I had some jute ribbon left on a roll and thought it might add some fun texture.  I colored in the ties from the basket to the balloon.  The ticket was a fun after thought for "me" to go along for the ride and "match" the sentiment!!!  When the sky paper is lifted it reveals a matching piece of sky on the back side of the sky piece of the card.  I will be able to write my words on the inside of the white card base.

I had wanted to use an Acetate Card to make this card but it was bulking up ...... so the Window Plastic created the look that I wanted.  Sometimes our first creations in our head do not actually work out in reality.

WATCH FOR ALL THE NEW RELEASES FROM MELISSA AND GAYLA THE CREATORS OF TWO PAPER DIVAS.  Hint, Hint ......I understand there are some awesome stamps to come for 2015!!!
Sure am glad that I am a DIVA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment